Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Lights!

This past Saturday Brandon and I(or mostly Brandon doing and me directing) put up Christmas lights on our house! I was so excited to start putting up all of our Christmas stuff and Brandon had an excuse to use an air powered staple gun! I was confused when he started unrolling the air hose thinking he had a regular staple gun that you just squeeze with your hand, but oh no that didn't work for Brandon. He needed something that could emit staples at dangerous speeds! For those of you who know Brandon, you know how much of a perfectionist he is with everything that he does. This was reiterated to me when he insisted that every single bulb was facing down the same way. This meant that every bulb was stapled about 3 times, I swear there must be at least 500 staples in our house now, but they look great! It was fun being able to be outside enjoying the great day and having the dogs outside with us playing.


Brandon making sure the lights are all facing the right way


Extreme close up!


Banks taking a well deserved nap after playing with Diesel


This is one of my favorite pictures. Banks was tied up in the yard and his leash only allowed him to get right up to the sidewalk, but he couldn't get any closer. Diesel figured this out and he would take his toy and go sit right on the edge of the lawn on the sidewalk so Banks couldn't get his toy! Banks was getting so mad!

The end result! The lights look a little blue, but are actually supposed to be white. We went with LED Christmas lights and they are so bright they give off a blueish tint! They light up the whole front yard! If you enlarge the picture you can see Diesel and Banks in the yard, they were not happy with me that I was making them stay in the yard instead of coming across the street with me!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lights! they look so good. Dont even get my started on Brandon and his perfectionist ways... But it sure makes for a beautful house and some LEGIT lights!!!! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It posted my comment 2 times, thats why i deleted the first one:) im not a creeper hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arica has a blog! Yay! Mark put up Christmas lights at our house but I helped in no way. I stick to the inside decorating...it is too cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lights look fabulous!

    Smoochie, Mom

    ReplyDelete